How does change happen? If we change our actions today, ultimately that will change what happens tomorrow. Preparation is one thing that so many of us lack (including myself sometimes). But I know I do succeed in those things that I prepare for. Our lives are made up of patterns and in order to change the course, we need to create change in those patterns. This is not hard to do and takes lots of persistence. But once you establish this new routine it will become habit just like all the others. Here are some tips on breaking those bad habits:
- Visualize yourself reaching your goal and succeeding
- Grab a partner to help and keep you accountable
- Eliminate the bad triggers around you
- Surround yourself with like minded people
- Choose a substitute for your bad habit. Instead of eliminating the bad make sure something is there to feed the positive
- Deal with your stress levels (this can be a big trigger for bad habits)
- Keep a journal. This will help work out what goes on in your mind and stay positive. It also helps pinpoint what your triggers are and helps you eliminate them.
- When does your bad habit happen?
- How many times a day do you do it?
- Where are you?
- Who are you with?
- What triggers this bad habit?
All of these things can help you change tomorrow and make you more successful at the things that are most important to you.
LET’S MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!